1/24 scale kit of a historical model, which was in production for nearly 40 years. The kit includes an extensive exploded view, including the mechanical part, rubber tires, and a set of decals with two possible decorations.
Additional details for the Opel Blitz Classic
truck scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Italeri in 1/24 scale with reference 3960 (also listed as 8001283039604).
- Includes plastic parts, rubber parts, water slide decals, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 243 mm x 374 mm x 98 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 528 g.
- Box barcode 8001283039604 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 576 and 580.
Like many other vehicles in the 1930s, the Opel Blitz project was born with the aim of mass-producing a robust and reliable commercial vehicle that could be used for different applications and tasks. Its design followed the concept of the American models, starting production in the early 1930s at the Opel plant in Rüsselsheim. This was the birth of a model with a success story, which evolved over time and continued until the mid-1970s. The robust structural features of the Opel Blitz were even taken advantage of by the Wehrmacht, using many units during World War II. both in the 4x2 and 4x4 versions. However, its wartime role would later be overshadowed by its great commercial success as a civilian vehicle. During the post-war reconstruction period, the Opel Blitz was indispensable to the recovery of Germany, being used by merchants, craftsmen, industrialists and many others to rebuild the country.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.