Products in preorder status can be bought at SpotModel before arrival to our warehouse. For doing so, just place an order at SpotModel as usual including the products in preorder, and proceed to checkout. You will be charged full price at the end of the checkout process, since those unit/s will be efectively substracted on arrival from the units for sale to every other customer. We do provide an estimated date of arrival for these products, but please note that this date can change due to changes in their manufacturer schedules or release dates, which is totally beyond our control. Once stock arrives at SpotModel, pre-orders will be dispatched in strict purchase date order.
Excellent 1/12 scale model kit that allows to recreate the Cobra Coupe developed by Caroll Shelby for taking place in the World Sports Car Championship. This new MFH reference contains the parts and decals to assemble one of the following versions: chassis #CSX2601 in its participations in Daytona (number #12), Sebring (number #14) and Le Mans (number #12) from 1965, or chassis #CSX2286 at Le Mans that same year (number #9). For the latter, specific parts are also included, such as the instrument panel or the steering wheel, which are different between the two chassis. A fully detailed model with parts made of the most diverse materials, including white metal, resin, photo-etched parts, turned metal parts, rubber tires pre-painted with the manufacturer's logo and colour stripe, decals, and different types of cables that will allow you to recreate the original vehicle with every little detail. Nice work of art!
Additional details for the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Model Factory Hiro in 1/12 scale with reference MFH-K826 (also listed as 4580011508260 and K826).
- Belongs to the Shelby American Team.
- Raced at the 12 Hours Sebring, the 24 Hours Le Mans and the Daytona 2000 kilometres in 1965.
- Includes 3D printed parts, photo-etched parts, resin parts, rubber parts, turned metal parts, water slide decals, white metal parts, other materials, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Download Model Factory Hiro MFH-K826 / 4580011508260 / K826 assembly instructions manual in PDF.
- Package measures 275 mm x 420 mm x 155 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 2545 g.
- Box barcode 4580011508260 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 573, 575, 578 and 587.
The Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe was built specifically for racing, in particular to compete against Ferrari in the GT class. Only 6 examples of the Daytona were built, all between 1964 and 1965. The body of the Coupe version was designed by Pete Brock and manufactured by Carrozzeria Gransport in Italy, while as with the GT40, Bob Negstad was responsible for the development of the Daytona. chassis. For the mechanical part, they relied on the proven 4.7-liter Ford V8 engine, which allowed the Cobra to accelerate, weighing just 1,045 kg, in just 4.4 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h, while the speed maximum exceeded 300 km/h.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.