It may seem strange to us, but a car as mythical as the Volkswagen Beetle also had a presence in competition, as evidenced by its participation in the C-IV class in the first Japanese Grand Prix Car Racing Tournament held at the circuit of Suzuka on May 3, 1963, where he achieved the top three positions, the winner being car number #21 with Yoshikazu Suzuki at the wheel. Thus, the Beetle was one of the first cars to win at Suzuka, as the circuit opened at the end of 1962.
Additional details for the Volkswagen Beetle Type 1
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Hasegawa in 1/24 scale with reference 20623 (also listed as 4967834206236).
- Raced at the Nippon Grand Prix in 1963.
- Includes plastic parts, rubber parts, water slide decals, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 202 mm x 351 mm x 67 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 312 g.
- Box barcode 4967834206236 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletter 586.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.