This is a "Just announced!" product that will be available for preorder soon. If you wish, you can add it to your notifications section (just click on the "Add to notifications" button), and we will send you an email the minute there are any updates on that product.
This is a scale model kit to be assembled by an adult; it includes all the parts as indicated, but it does not include glue or paints.
This kit reproduces the version of the Tyrrell 009 during the Brazilian GP in the team's classic blue livery, at a point in the season when the side extensions and aerodynamic bodywork devices used later were not yet mounted, and to which Candy's colors had not yet been incorporated as the team's main sponsor.
Additional details for the Tyrrell Ford 009
model car kit:
- Manufactured by Tameo Kits in 1/43 scale with reference MTG009.
- Belongs to the Tyrrell Racing Team.
- Raced at the Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1979.
- Includes metal parts, photo-etched parts, rubber parts, vacuum formed parts, water slide decals, white metal parts, other materials, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 83 mm x 116 mm x 45 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 300 g (review pending).
- Featured in newsletter 523.
The Tyrrell Ford 009, built by the English team for the 1979 season, turned out to be a faithful copy of the ground effect Lotus 79 that had won the Drivers' World Championship the previous season. Unfortunately for Tyrrell, the car was not competitive enough to fight for the world championship, although it did obtain some significant results, such as third positions in the Belgian Grand Prix at the Zolder circuit and the United States Grand Prix at the Watkins Glen circuit in the hands of Didier Pironi, or the third positions of Jean-Pierre Jarier in the Grand Prix of South Africa in Kyalami and Great Britain in Silverstone. At the 1979 Brazilian Grand Prix Pironi finished fourth after being delayed by a spin.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.