This is a scale model kit to be assembled by an adult; it includes all the parts as indicated, but it does not include glue or paints.
Fantastic model kit from MFH where, as usual, various materials are combined, including white metal, turned metal parts, photo-etched parts, rubber rims and a decal sheet. Tires feature pre-printed manufacturer logos. The body cover can be removed once the model is assembled, allowing a full view of the detailed interior and mechanical parts. This reference recreates the version used by McLaren in the Spanish GP held in Montmeló, where both drivers were on the podium, with victory for Senna with Prost in third position. This version C has a different rear wing, with the additional flaps used in this low-medium speed circuit.
Additional details for the McLaren Honda MP4/5
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Model Factory Hiro in 1/43 scale with reference MFH-K810 (also listed as 4580011508109 and K810).
- Belongs to the McLaren Racing Limited Team.
- Raced at the Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1989.
- Includes metal parts, photo-etched parts, resin parts, turned metal parts, vacuum formed parts, water slide decals, white metal parts, other materials, assembly instructions, painting instructions and tobacco sponsor decals.
- Package measures 94 mm x 155 mm x 52 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 157 g.
- Box barcode 4580011508109 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 507, 512 and 513.
Due to the change of regulation, in the 1989 season turbo engines are prohibited and it is changed to naturally aspirated engines. Honda developed a 3.5L V10 engine called the RA109-E, along with new technology like the semi-automatic transmission. The performance is so outstanding that it vastly outperformed all rivals, such as Ferrari, which was still working on those new technologies. The MP4/5 won 10 races out of 16 (of which Senna won 6 and Prost won 4), helping to win the Constructors' World Championship that season. In the Drivers' World Championship classification, although Senna won more races than Prost, regularity allowed Prost to obtain more points than Senna and become world champion, albeit after the controversial maneuver that ended with Senna being disqualified in race number 15, the Japanese GP.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.