We bring you the third vehicle produced by Legrand in 1/8 scale, none other than the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé. The weight of the finished model is approximately 7 kg, it is made of die-cast metal and it comes already painted. It includes more than 900 pieces
made of different materials such as metal, rubber, textiles and high-quality plastic, and is easily assembled, since many of its pieces are screwed together. The steering and suspension are functional, as are the doors and hoods. The measurements once assembled are: 550 x 210 x 160 cm.
Additional details for the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupé
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Legrand in 1/8 scale with reference LE102 (also listed as 4250528615088 and LE200).
- Raced in 1956.
- Includes metal parts, plastic parts, other materials and assembly instructions.
- Edition limited to 1500 units.
- Package measures 800 mm x 600 mm x 310 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 10000 g (review pending).
- Box barcode 4250528615088 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletter 495.
This coupé version of the racing car 300 SLR had been developed by Daimler-Benz for the 1956 racing season. It was constructed under the supervision of the head of the MB racing car division Rudolf Uhlenhaut. This is recalled today by the nickname "Uhlenhaut Coupé". However, it never came to racing, because Mercedes Benz left motor racing in 1955 after the end of the season. The MB 300 SLR is one of the most spectacular and expensive Supercars that were ever built and was way ahead of its time.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.