This limited edition kit by Hasegawa comes with photo-etched parts and with the intake grille!! It also includes seat belts fabric and the driver's helmet as well.
Additional details for the Lotus Ford Type 79
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Hasegawa in 1/20 scale with reference 52298 (also listed as 4967834522985 and SP498).
- Belongs to the Lotus Team.
- Raced at the German Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1978.
- Includes photo-etched parts, plastic parts, rubber parts, water slide decals, assembly instructions, painting instructions and does NOT include tobacco sponsor decals.
- Package measures 202 mm x 352 mm x 71 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 449 g.
- Box barcode 4967834522985 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 477, 509, 512 and 584.
Revolutionizing the world of F1, the Lotus 78 had used relatively simple inverted wing sections to facilitate underbody thrust, but the Type 79 took that concept much further, going for the 25% load that engineers had estimated that it was lost in the type 78 between what was calculated in the tunnel and what was actually seen on the track. To do this, they removed the fuel tanks from the outside, which became a single tank located in the central part of the chassis between the pilot and the engine. The rear suspension spring/shock assembly was also relocated out of the airflow. The only water radiator was placed on the right side of the car, while the smaller oil radiator was placed on the left side. There were also changes to the front suspension, hiding the spring/shock absorber assembly in the chassis, seeking a clean airflow to the sides.
The first Lotus 79 prototype was tested at the Paul Ricard circuit in December 1977, tests that served to improve the monocoque with raised cockpit sides, as well as the front panel. The official debut took place in the Silverstone race in 1978, an event that was not scoring for the championship, with Mario Andretti at the wheel, suffering an accident when the rain made an appearance.
The Lotus 78 dominated the 1978 season, with Mario Andretti being crowned World Champion and Lotus being Constructors' Champion, after 8 victories.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.