This is a scale model kit to be assembled by an adult; it includes all the parts as indicated, but it does not include glue or paints.
Re-edition of the seasoned Protar kit. Includes a mind blowing parts listing, as well as decals with tobacco sponsors, rubber tires, etc.
Additional details for the Cagiva Elephant 850
model bike kit:
- Manufactured by Italeri in 1/9 scale with reference 4643 (also listed as 8001283464307 and ITA4643).
- Raced at the Paris Dakar Rally in 1985.
- Includes metal parts, plastic parts, rubber parts, water slide decals, other materials, assembly instructions, painting instructions and tobacco sponsor decals.
- Package measures 243 mm x 374 mm x 96 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 578 g.
- Box barcode 8001283464307 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 453 and 465.
The Cagiva Elefant was introduced in the early 1980s as an enduro motorcycle characterized by small to medium displacement engines. Following the acquisition of Ducati by Caviga, commercial production gradually evolved to incorporate the more powerful high performance twin-cylinder engine from 1985 onwards. The Cagiva Elefant competed against both German and Japanese motorcycles in the prestigious 1987 Paris-Dakar ‘off-road’ rally. The bike was characterized by its distinctive large fairing which covered the steel tube and light alloy trellis frame. The air-cooled twin-cylinder engine provided 80 HP at 8500 rpm and allowed the Italian bike to reach a maximum off-road speed of 185 km / h. The bike design reflected a "typical" Saharan configuration, with protective fairing, Ohlins off-road shock absorbers and low front fender.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.