This is one of those wonderful kits that you love on first sight. Its extensive parts list, the beautiful decals, those tiny photo-etched parts, the manual including 3D illustrations. Seriously, are you really going to miss it?
Additional details for the Jaguar XJR-9 LM
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Model Factory Hiro in 1/43 scale with reference MFH-K591 (also listed as 4571102325910, K591 and K-591).
- Belongs to the Silk Cut Works Team.
- Raced at the 24 Hours Le Mans in 1989.
- Includes metal parts, photo-etched parts, rubber parts, vacuum formed parts, water slide decals, white metal parts, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 95 mm x 153 mm x 54 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 253 g.
- Box barcode 4571102325910 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 272, 278, 282, 580 and 581.
The Jaguar XJR-9LM will be remembered as the 1988 Le Mans winner, the first Jaguar to win the world's most prestigious endurance race since the marque last did so in 1957.
The XJR-9 falls in the middle of a series of V12-powered Jaguars, beginning with the XJR-6 in 1985 and ending with the XJR-12 used between 1990 and 1993. All of these models were powered by the V12-based engine. in the same used by Jaguar in its production cars.
The XJR-9 also won the 1988 24 Hours of Daytona, and its successor, the XJR-12, won both Le Mans and Daytona again in 1990.
The 1989 Le Mans 24 Hours was not part of the FIA WSPC championship, due to a dispute between race organizers and the FIA itself over television rights. Jaguar entered four units of its XJR-9, identical to those of the previous year, except for the need to weigh themselves down to reach the new minimum weight of 900kg imposed by the regulations. After leading overnight, the number 1 Jaguar had a gearbox problem, despite which it finished fourth as the best of the Jaguars. It was certainly not the expected result for the Jaguar that had dominated the race the previous year.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.