A victory and a second place in six races, and with options to win the championship until the last race. The Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 evolved to remain competitive in the JGTC, with more and more aerodynamic additions and greater complexity of the vehicles. This Tamiya kit faithfully reproduces the interior and bodywork of this bestial model with its characteristic good fittings. Impressive no matter where you look at it!
Additional details for the Nissan Skyline GT-R BCNR33
car scale model kit:
- Manufactured by Tamiya in 1/24 scale with reference TAM24184 (also listed as 4950344241842 and 24184).
- Belongs to the Impul Team.
- Raced at the Japanese Grand Touring Car Championship (JGTC) in 1996.
- Includes metal parts, plastic parts, rubber parts, water slide decals, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 201 mm x 350 mm x 65 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 390 g.
- Box barcode 4950344241842 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 577 and 584.
After several mastery with the R32 version of the Skyline, it was time for the model change, Nissan going to use the R33. This new model managed to be crowned champion twice in four, the first in 1995, the year of its presentation, and the next in 1998, where the R33 GT-R was presented with significant improvements.
The Skyline R33 GT-R, already created under the GT500 regulations (equivalent to the GT1 category), was built by NISMO, developing the basic vehicle, which was later supplied to the different teams, which could even evolve it following different paths. The R33 continued to rely on the proven and powerful RB26DETT turbocharged inline 6 engine, longitudinally mounted in the front position, while significantly changing the mounting positions from the original model to improve center of gravity and front/rear weight distribution.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.