This scale model kit includes all the parts as indicated, but it does not include glue or paints.
Driver not included
Additional details for the Ferrari 312T4
model car kit:
- Manufactured by Model Factory Hiro in 1/20 scale with reference MFH-IK001 (also listed as 4571102327389, IK001 and IK-001).
- Belongs to the Scuderia Ferrari Team.
- Raced at the German Formula 1 Grand Prix, the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix and the Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1979.
- Includes photo-etched parts, resin parts, rubber parts, seatbelt fabric, turned metal parts, vacuum formed parts, water slide decals, white metal parts, other materials, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 230 mm x 212 mm x 90 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 770 g.
- Box barcode 4571102327389 (GTIN/EAN)
- Featured in newsletters 136 and 440.
In 1979, a significant amount of progress was made in aerodynamics and to challenge Lotus, Forghieri realised he had to follow their lead and design a ground effect car for 1979. The 312T4, introduced at the 1979 South African Grand Prix was closely based on the 312T3. Its origins placed restrictions on the aerodynamic design since the T series had never been designed with ground effect in mind. The 312T4 monocoque was designed to be as narrow as possible, to take advantage of ground effects, but this was limited by the width of the flat 12 engine.
The car won 6 races in 1979, three each for Villeneuve and Scheckter. Other solid placings helped Ferrari win its fourth constructors' championship in 5 seasons and Scheckter his only drivers' championship.
Scheckter was given the 312T4 he drove to his championship after the new 312T5 was ready to be debuted in Argentina in 1980. He still owns it, and ran it at the 2010 Bahrain Grand Prix weekend to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Formula One along with every living Formula One world champion (except for Nelson Piquet and Kimi Räikkönen).
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.