Daily fresh at SpotModel!
- Life is complicated, and building scale models is even more, so we wanted to keep things reaaaally simple. You upload your design, we make sure it can be technically executed (the validation process usually take 1-2 business days), and we generate for you a private product on the website, this is, a product that only you can see. After that, you can buy it just like any of the other public products on our website, and we print it just for you each time you buy it. That's all!
- What can be printed?
- What we offer is digital decal printing service that will allow you to turn your designs, liveries, decorations, customizations and logos into waterslide decals you can use in your models.
- How much it costs?
- We start from a fixed size decal sheet measuring 200 x 150mm (194 x 144mm printable), priced at 20€ per copy.
- And can I sell them to the public worldwide?
- Of course! After the initial validation, if your private desing can be sold to the public and you own the copyright of that design, you can opt in to do so and get your desired revenue for each printed copy we sell at the store. You can track how well your design perform among our customers, as well as each and every sale the minute we ship them and you get in your SpotModel wallet the revenue you previously set.
- What software do I need to create my own designs?
- You can use any software you wish, as long as it can generate .AI (Adobe Illustrator®) or .CDR (CorelDRAW®) files, using our design template (download AI version or CDR version). Once you have your .AI/.CDR file, just upload it using the "Upload design" button at the top of your designs section (here), and the process will start.
- How do I create my design?
- Refer to our design guide and the corresponding design template for further details on the steps for creating a valid design file. We can print White ink, full range CMYK colors, gloss clearcoating... so keep in mind that we will just print whatever you send us, making absolutely zero modifications to your design.
- Can I get printed samples?
- Sure! You can order the Print Lab print sample for a true printed sample of the design referred in our design guide, so you can personally check the quality of the final product. You can also access the original design of this sample (both AI version and CDR version) and check by yourself how we designed each of its components.
- What if it is wrong?
- We just print whatever you send us without making any modifications to your original files. If it is due to any issues on our equipment, of course we will be responsible about it (and of course that will checked in advance to the best of our efforts before sending it to you), but if it is due to a design flaw we can't do anything about it. Please study our design guide carefully for a complete list of what you should check before submitting your designs.
- How to use our decals
- Cut roughly around the decal you want to place, in order to separate it from the rest of the decals in the sheet (no need to be accurate at all in the cut).
- Dip the decal, including the supporting blue paper, for 5 seconds in any recipient with water at room temperature.
- After the water bath, wait for at least 10 seconds before starting to manipulate the decal.
- Generously moisten the area where you want to place the decal, this will make the surface slippery and help you a lot during placement.
- Adjust the decal to its final location with the help of flat tweezers or with a brush moistened with water.
- To achieve a better grip and tighter adaptation to the surface, you can gently press with a wet sponge over the decal.
- Do not use any products to soften decals (decal softeners), since they are not valid with our decals.
- Never use a hair dryer or any heat source for placing the decals, as they will become damaged.
- For better adhesion, it is recommended to apply the decals over shiny surfaces.
- Help resources
- The following resources are available for you to download and study, so you can succesfully create your own designs no matter how complicated they might be:
- Intelectual Property and Copyright
SpotModel is not responsible for the user provided content for the "Print Lab" printing service. However SpotModel will, to the best of their efforts, watch over for not publishing any material that is illegal, threatening, harassing or profane; constitute or incite conduct that constitutes a criminal offense or gives rise to civil liability; contains false or misleading indications of origin or doubtful origin; or violates legal or copyright rights.
Content-owning users will hold the authorship and copy rights over their designs at all times, being therefore the only legal responsibles at all times for the content of their files, templates, materials, documentation provided, etc... and must comply in turn, when applicable, with the Spanish Intellectual Property and Copyright Law, Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996. If necessary, SpotModel may take down and/or delete any infringing contents at any time without prior notice.
SpotModel will only use the original files for the purpose of this service, being their faithful and accurate reproduction without any modifications, ensuring at all times their privacy and not altering or modifying their content under any circumstances. If any kind of adjustment, modification or adaptation of the design becomes necessary, the design owner will always be in charge of manipulating his own files.