Imported by Hisinsa (Tamiya official distributor)
Additional details for the Tyrrell Ford P34 Six Wheels
model car kit:
- Manufactured by Tamiya in 1/20 scale with reference TAM20058 (also listed as 20058).
- Raced at the Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1976.
- Includes photo-etched parts, plastic parts, rubber parts, water slide decals, assembly instructions and painting instructions.
- Package measures 190 mm x 290 mm x 70 mm (width x depth x height), weighting 347 g.
- Featured in newsletter 295.
Paints recommended by Tamiya for this product:
The Tyrrell P34 (Project 34), otherwise known as the "six-wheeler", was a Formula One race car designed by Derek Gardner, Tyrrell's chief designer.
The car used four specially manufactured 10-inch-diameter (250 mm) wheels and tyres at the front, with two ordinary-sized wheels at the back. Contrary to popular belief, the idea of the smaller front tyres was not to have a smaller "frontal area" to reduce drag, as the frontal area was still determined by the width of the standard-sized rear slicks. In fact, the six-wheel design reduced the lift caused by two larger front wheels, improving frontal downforce, increased the total contact patch of the front tyres and created a greater swept area for the brake discs.
This item is not suitable for children under 18 years old. SpotModel recommend this item for advanced modellers and professionals with high experience on building cars and bikes. Read carefully all instructions.